A celebration honoring the split of the two Ilocos provinces in 1818 is held in the Province of Ilocos Sur. This celebration features the best Ilocano cuisine, native performances, religious rites, and cookery demonstrations. Kannawidan is a variant of the Ilocano word "tawid" meaning heritage or inheritance.
Every province uses Kannawidan as a product showcase to display their goods, distribute them to various municipalities, and let the rest of the world know about them.
To let us know about its existence, Kannawidan also promotes its own province's culture and abilities.
You and I for a day, Viva Vigan! A day that was incredibly enjoyable and joyful. As I ride in a kalesa to explore Vigan while taking in its culture. I observe street dancers as they exhibit the elegance of our own dance culture through their graceful and lovely movements, which serve as symbols of the cultures they represent. I eat an empanada, one of the most well-known foods in Vigan, which has longganisa as the meat and is packed with nutritious vegetables and eggs, as I watch more street dancers perform.
It also features customary games, talent shows, exhibitions, sporting occasions, training sessions, street dancing, festival dance competitions, and other enjoyable activities.
In the Philippines, celebrations may be either religious, cultural, or both. Some of these are held to celebrate a bountiful harvest, remember local history and culture, honor the neighborhood's Roman Catholic patron saint, and honor local history and culture.
With the specific purpose of demonstrating and experiencing a particular identity, a festival creates a communicative setting for such expressions of ethnic and cultural togetherness.





No comments:
Post a Comment